Academic Services’ charge is to inspire a passion for teaching and learning within an inclusive educational community committed to supporting and challenging all learners.
The Academic Services team is committed to increasing student achievement, strengthening systems of support, and establishing a strong instructional core.
Our Core Beliefs
Power of TEAM - We believe in creating collaborative learning environments for both staff and students to collectively provide the best learning outcomes for kids.
Inclusivity - We believe in the importance of including all stakeholders and listening to all voices.
Reflection and Inquiry - We believe in lifelong learning and inquiry as a transformative practice of action that positions practitioners as knowledgeable of their reality.
All Students Can Learn - We believe that our curriculum and instruction should give students the opportunity to reach their full potential and personal goals, provide for their individual differences and interests, and guide them in selecting meaningful education and career choices.
Rigorous Quality Teaching and Learning - We believe in challenging assumptions about what students can and can't learn - creating challenging learning environments in order for students to reach their potential.
Equity - We believe in equitable access to content for all students. Classroom instruction where all students get what they need to be successful.
Our Priorities 2019 - 2022
Priority 1: Academic Achievement
Priority 2: Systems of Support
Priority 3: Instructional Core
The Academic Services Department staff oversees the following areas:
Who we are:
- Rene Sanchez, Assistant Superintendent - Instructional Services, 408-928-6590
- Barbara Campbell, Director - Academic Services, 408-928-6524
- Jason Sorich, Administrator - Educational Technology, 408-928-6528
- Dr. George Kleidon, Principal On Special Assignment, 408-928-6599
- Danelle Finnen, Coordinator - VAPA, P.E., and Sports Program, 408-928-7615
- Tracy Loftin, Executive Assistant, 408-928-6529
- Serena Dang, Administrative Assistant, 408-928-6578
- Gloria Rocha, Administrative Assistant, 408-928-6525
- Tanya Guerrero, Library Technician, 408-928-6518
- Patricia Oliva, Assessment Technician, 408-928-6523