Homeless Assistance

If a student lives in any of the following situations:

  • In a shelter, motel, vehicle, or campground;
  • On the street, in an abandoned building, or doubled up with friends or relatives because the family cannot find or afford permanent housing

He or she has certain rights and protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act. Eligible students may receive assistance with school enrollment, transportation and other services. For qualification screening, contact Student Services Department at (408) 928-6945.